Movement Certificates – EUR1

Advice and guidance on completing an EUR1

We are certified to provide and issue a wide range of international business documents

What is a EUR1 Certificate?

An EUR1, also known as a ‘movement certificate’, enables importers in certain countries to import goods at a reduced or nil rate of import duty under trade agreements between the UK and partner countries.

We are authorised to issue UK-EUR1 certificates on behalf of H.M Revenue & Customs.  Our team is on hand to walk you through the UK-EUR1 process and take away any confusions.

How to apply for an UK-EUR1

  1. You will need the Harmonised System (HS) code for your products. This is a system of product coding and classification used by customs authorities around the world and is also known as a ‘Tariff Number’. You can search for your HS code using the EU’s ‘Applied Tariffs Database’ by entering your goods description in the ‘Full Text Search’ box.
  2. Use your HS code to check the rules of origin that apply to your products in H.M Revenue & Customs Public Notices 828 (Tariff preferences – rules of origin for various countries), 832 (for exports to Mexico only) or 830 (for Generalised System of Preference ‘GSP’ countries).
  3. Standard orders received before 12 pm Monday to Friday are despatched the same day by first class post.
  4. Countries listed in the table below do not accept electronic signatures, therefore must bear an original signature.
Egypt  Iceland  Israel  Lebanon
 Liechtenstein  Mexico  Norway  Serbia
 Switzerland  Turkey

Applications for those countries can still be submitted online, but you will need to sign a blank UK-EUR1 prior to having the document issued.

How do I complete an EUR1?

UK-EUR1’s are submitted via the ecert online platform. It is your responsibility to check the website to see if your goods qualify

Can I apply for an EUR1 after shipment?

Yes. You can apply for a retrospective EUR1 a copy of the transport document along with the invoice and packing list will be required.

What if I lose my UK-EUR1?

You can apply for a duplicate EUR1 which must be exactly the same as the original.

Who should I speak to for advice?

Email: [email protected]

The preference system only applies to countries where certain trade agreements exist with the UK. These countries are listed below:

African,     Caribbean &   Pacific(ACP)   states*  Albania  Algeria  Andorra  Bosnia/
 Cariforum   states**  Ceuta &   Melilla  Chile  Colombia  Cote   D’ivoire
 Costa Rica  Ecuador  Egypt  El   Salvador  Faroe  Islands
 Guatemala  Honduras  Iceland  Israel  Jordan
 Kosovo  Lebanon  Liechtenstein  Macedonia  Mexico
 Moldova  Montenegro  Morocco  Nicaragua  Norway
 Overseas   Countries &   Territories   (OCT)  Panama  Peru  Serbia  South   Africa
 Switzerland  Tanzania  Tunisia  Turkey*  Ukraine
 West Bank   & Gaza   Strip

*certain commodities